Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Queens Museum of Art's Target FREE Fridays presents South Africa! Friday, July 9th!



I have to be completely honest with you. Although I have grown to embrace and respect (somewhat) museum culture in New York City over the past decade, I had absolutely no idea that the Queens Museum of Art even existed. Real talk. So because of that, I can't say whether they're trying to follow in Brooklyn Museum's footsteps by signing on with Target to offer residents of the city a free day to explore their digs and frolic.

However, I have taken notice of their free Fridays program, being that they're screening a film that I've been wanting to see for some time: Streetball. If you remember my post about the Paley Center's World Cup centered events in tandem with the ADFF from last month, Streetball was one of their featured films that I'd missed. Well, if you were in the same boat...have no fear. This Friday, in addition to a host of other activities centered around South Africa, the museum will be screening Streetball! I'll definitely be there! More info here!

No comments: