Thursday, June 17, 2010

::Puma City NYC ♥'s FIFA 2010::


Ok, I admit it. I've only been an entry level football fan (that's soccer to all you Americans out there) since my voyage to Brasil a few years ago. But alas, I'm a football fan without cable. Being that the entire world is in the midst of the 2010 World Cup, I've suddenly found myself in dire need of a place to watch the games on a pretty consistent basis. Most of my friends with cable would probably whup my arse should I even think about trying to invade their space at 7AM to scream and holler at a football match on TV.



The only other alternative would be the various bars that have started opening early in the morning for the month of FIFA to cater to the international football crowd. Since I didn't want to feel obligated to nurse on beer for 5 or 6 hours while watching the games on widescreen LCDs (definitely not a big drinker), I was forced to miss a few crucial games this week.



However, I received further proof that there is in fact a god. Puma's concept space Puma City is the latest manifestation of his/ her glory. Located at South Street Seaport, Puma City is a funky little spot utilizing converted intermodal shipping containers (emblazoned with Puma's logo) that is showing all the games throughout the duration of FIFA 2010. In addition, there's all kinds of other stuff to get into between games and at the end of the night.



For more info, hit up the Puma City site. Needless to say, I'll be there bright and early tomorrow morning for the USA vs Slovenia game! KeNako!!

No comments: