Friday, October 10, 2008

:::FREE POSTERS from Amazon.com:::

Roaming my neighborhood today. Stumbled upon this:


Amazon.com is doing its part in stimulating interest in what is arguably the most pivotal presidential election year since 1932. Apparently, if you text the name of the musical icon to the number 303030, you'll get one of these 6 posters for free! Hmm..



It appears that the only posters they're offering are of:
*Kiss
*Jimi Hendrix
*Marvin Gaye
*Bob Marley
*Nirvana
*The Who


Not sure how this will work, but if anyone tries it before me...let me know how it turns out. There's much to be said about this "promotion." But since there's another analytical post that I'll be doing soon that involves similar issues, I'll refrain from stealing my own thunder.

P.S. I wonder how Bob would feel If he knew his likeness was imposed on an American flag to promote a capitalist corporation?

No comments: