Friday, September 26, 2008

:.:J&R Music World::Back On Wax:.:

Opened the Village Voice and saw this:

Went to the store and saw this:


And this:


And this:


And this:


Almost cried when I saw this:


Seems like J&R Music World's music division is destined not to go the way of the brick & mortar record retail stores of late (R.I.P. The Wiz, Tower, and HMV). They've adopted the ethos of the spots on St. Mark's Place that buy and barter CDs. But I never thought I'd see a spot like J&R tread backwards in the timeline of recorded sound mediums. I guess they're trying to find creative ways of staying alive, and I can't fault them for that. It drew old customers back in like me. Hell, I hadn't been to J&R since before the towers fell.

These folks seem to have gotten their hands on some cut-out overstock, cause they've got a lot of sealed copies of stuff from the 1980s. I even managed to cop a sealed copy of this:


And with the back flap:


The prices are kinda steep, but they knock off a couple of dollars depending on the sticker price of the album. There's a grid at the store that gives the breakdown of the discount.

Anyway, any vinyl fiends might wanna check this out.

No comments: