Monday, June 15, 2009

:::Brooklyn Record Riot::6/28:::



You know what time it is. I think this is like the 4th installment of the Brooklyn Record Riot. It's a decent event, but if you've been keeping up with my exploits as of late (here and here), you'd know that I've totally changed my perspective on crate digging...so I probably won't be attending this time around. IMO, these types of events can take the fun out of the element of discovery. And the prices can vary greatly. I mean...really. But a few of my friends seem to be enamored with stuff like this, so I figured I'd blog about it for the rest of you folks out there too. They'll be serving plenty of keilbasa & beer for those who like to be drunk and full when buying records. This year, there will be 8 DJs spinning throughout the day. Not sure who they are, being that the website is pretty bare bones and there were no flyers this go round (save for some photocopied sheets thrown up at various spots in the East Village).



I personally favor the WFMU Record Fairs that usually hit the city in the Fall. At least during the last few hours before the end of the fair, many of the vendors throw the bulk of their unsold records into a big freebie pile in the corner for folks to ravage through. Granted, it usually consists of beat up copies of Thriller and Donna Summer's Bad Girls...but it's the thought that counts.

Anyway, for more info on the Brooklyn Record Riot go here.



The Brooklyn Record Riot
Sunday, June 28th
12-8PM
@ Warsaw
261 Driggs Ave.
Brooklyn, NY
Admission: $3.00
Early admission (10 am): $20

-55 tables of records & "stuff"
-PLUS...the return of the infamous "Dollar Room!"
-Beer & kielbasa
-8 DJs
www.recordriots.com

No comments: